Let’s face it: an aesthetic physique is a huge benefit to working out, but if that’s your only reason behind hitting the gym then that hard earned body may be short lived. It’s easy to stay motivated when you have summer time or a big event coming up. I’ve fallen victim to the cycle of exercising like crazy for vacation and then letting myself slip again once it ended.
I never thought about the countless benefits of exercise that last long beyond a sexy summer body. Once you learn to appreciate what exercise does for you physically, mentally, and emotionally then it is easy to find the motivation to take care of yourself day in and day out – regardless of what time of the year it may be. Focus on developing a healthy relationship with your body and mind and I promise you the physique will follow.
Looks may fade but these benefits will last a lifetime!
- Reduced risk of disease. And I mean a lot of disease. Heart disease, stroke, type II diabetes, and even some cancers just to name a few.
- Relieves stress & reduces risk of depression. Exercise increases feel good endorphins and decreases cortisol which, is released during stressful times.
- Better nights sleep. If you toss and turn at night, research shows that regular exercise (150 minutes per week) improves sleep quality and makes you feel more rested upon waking.
- Longevity & Youthfulness. Not only will you live longer but you will also look younger in the process. Exercise lengthens your body’s telomeres therefore turning back the biological clock. Get outta here wrinkles.
- Brains > brawn. Exercise increases motor neuron size and forms new brain cells. It also prevents cognitive issues as we age. Who says muscle heads can’t be smart?!
- Immune system. People who work out experience 50% less colds than people who don’t. Who needs emergen-c when you have the gym?
- Confidence. Crushing goals in the gym, accomplishing things you struggled to do weeks ago, setting new personal records. Working out allows you to take back control of your life.
7 reasons to stop focusing on what you see in the mirror. 7 reasons to stop looking at the fitness models in the magazine. 7 reasons to step off the scale. 7 incredible reasons to get up and get active. Give your mind & body the love it deserves. Treat yoself – the right way!